Thursday, May 31, 2007

Finding treasures...

On my trip to Wisconsin I found a stamp store! Well, actually, my husband found it for me! We were driving by lots of cute little shops, and he said "There's something called 'Stamp on Main.'" So we stopped, and I said, "I will only be five minutes!" while my daughter and husband looked at me as if I were insane...
It wasn't five minutes, but I was pretty quick, and came away with some lovely regional stamps -- made in Door County - one nautical to use with my ships and sea gulls, and one for using with Get Well cards. I am anxious to ink both!

Yesterday I made this card for the SCS Sketch Challenge, which you can see here. My card is 5.5 inches square (love square cards!). I love this Basic Grey paper (well, all of their papers, actually, and I thought it would be perfect for the card. I distressed the edges, and then used direct to paper since BG paper has a white core. All of the panels are mounted on dimensionals, and raised up, although it's hard to tell that in the picture. My scallop is from my friend, Charlene! I am anxiously awaiting the release of Papertrey's punches tomorrow (pre-order) because I can't find any anywhere! Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Joy!!!! Love the colors and the layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I really like how you put it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! I saw it at the SCS gallery and just oogled and oogled....One of these days, maybe I can design such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Lovely colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about the card, colors, layout and I love the paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!