Thursday, August 30, 2007

Music of the Soul


These little creatures are singing their hearts out! They have such an experienced looking leader, don't you think? :)
I love these particular House Mouse stamps. My sister gave me the little maestro and the mouse tracks for my birthday this past summer, to go with the other two images I already had. All stamps are by Stampabilities and colored with pencil crayons. The cloud stencil is one I hand cut years ago, and would not be without! The designer paper is Skate Shoppe by Basic Grey. The dots in it match the Soft Sky paper by Stampin' Up! perfectly! I wonder what song they are singing with such fervor? "His Eye is On the Sparrow"? "Bird Has Flown" by Deep Purple? "Birdland"? Are there any songs with 'mouse' in the title? Well, whatever it is, they are certainly singing their little hearts and souls out. Oh, maybe they are singing "Heart and Soul"!!

My 18 year old son has music in his soul. And in his head. Constantly. He is composing all the time, and comes up with complete songs in a day - orchestrations, words, recordings. What a gift. I teach music, but he is now the teacher.

9 comments:

  1. How adorable - love your composition!
    http://celebrationmoments.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cool!! I love the layout and the coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think those stamps are cute! Great composition and colors- the little conductor is so serious about his musical creation! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Noah's ark cartoon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card for a holiday weekend. Singing out the last few days of summer was my first thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!