Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Toys are Always Fun!


Today I was inspired by the Featured Stamper Challenge to make this Christmas card. The FS this week was Jen J. (aka Jen70) - an SCS Challenge hostess herself! I used this card to inspire me to make mine. This is a brand new Stampin' Up! set which will be available to purchase beginning September 1. It is part of the new Holiday Mini catalog. The neat thing about all of the stamps in that catalog, and in subsequent mini catalogs, is that they are all die cut! That means no cutting of rubber -- just push it through the rubber sheet and apply to your wood block! It's great - and so fast! And trimmed closely and much better than I could do.

I love this new set -- it is a set of four -- the Nativity, the tag (which I have stamped on top in Taken With Teal), an angel and the three wise men. I watercolored my image and stamped Baroque Motifs in Encore Gold on the Chocolate Chip background. The sentiment is by an unknown vendor -- I bought it at a Ben Franklin store!

5 comments:

  1. Great watercoloring! The card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I absolutely love this set! Great coloring! Looks cool with the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Beautiful!!!! I got this set as well. I think it is So elegant. Love your Watercolouring!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy I just love this!! I love the colors--the layout--the everything.

    I am going to have to break down and get this set, aren't I??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!