Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pins and Needles


My daughter went to her first day of High School today with all the students there. Yesterday was just Freshmen. I think she was on pins and needles this morning. It's so fun to see students go back to school. They are excited to get there - and a little shy. I had Open House at my school last night and it was interesting to see which kids came right into my room, and which were shy to even look at me -- even though I have been their music teacher for years! They were on pins and needles, waiting to see where they would sit and what class they were in.

Today I used another pin in my card -- for today's SCS Ways To Use It Challenge. It was a double challenge -- with the second half asking us to use the Cutter Tool. It does a lot of different things -- score, perforate, distress, cut.... I use it most often for distressing, which I also did on this card.

I used one of my favorite "old" sets: Betsy the Beekeeper. I have a small collection of bee things and stamps, and I love the style of this set. My little heart pin is from Heidi Designs. I sponged the clouds from a hand cut stencil I made.

The NQN layer behind the hive has the little bees stamped on it, also in NQN. The main card is NQN, then layered with Close to Cocoa, then another NQN, then the main Vanilla piece. All layers are mounted on dimensionals.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!