Friday, September 28, 2007

Candy is Dandy~ and so are my kids!


I made this card for today's Limited Supplies Challenge: using Halloween images for non-Halloween cards -- and for yesterday's Ways to Use It Challenge: Food.

Stamps: All About U, Cheesecloth, Alphabits, candy corn by Hero Arts
Paper: Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Slab DP, Whisper White
Ink: Only Orange, Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow
Accessories: paper clip, dotted grosgrain ribbon, jumbo white eyelets, wave template, 1/4 " circle punch

My friend Stacy inspired me today to use up some of my scraps and to send a card for Bre'Anna, a little 9 year old girl who is recovering from brain cancer surgery. She sounds so sweet and resilient!

You can read about her story HERE.

My kids were born adventurers. They get that from their father, who is an adventure seeker. Here are some recent pictures of my family on their adventures (I stayed home to stamp, of course!):
This is my son hanging on a cliff at where else? Hanging Rock, North Carolina. He spent Labor Day there with some friends and just had to send me a picture that he knew I would squeal about. His Dad squealed too, but only because he was jealous!

This is my darling daughter (above), getting ready for her rapelling trip down a 30 ft. cliff in Vedauwoo, Wyoming. She gets this desire from this guy (my adventurous husband):

Who knows what they will do next?

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! It made me ALMOST want to eat candy corn! Love your idea.

    OMG! I'll bet you DID squeal- seeing those pics! Doggone those adventurous genes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What great pics! I have to admit, as much as I like stamping, I would rather be having those adventures!

    Wonderful card...couldn't have that one around. I'd be hungry all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC card

    Great pictures, but I think my heart stopped a few time. Boy your family IS adventurous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!