Sunday, July 27, 2008


Congratulations to my friend, Julia (artystamper), for being chosen the SCS Featured Stamper this week! Julia does AMAZING things with her cards and her gallery is a delight!

Here is her gorgeous card I cased.

I changed the colors and images, the layout slightly, and added ribbon. I swiped my Chalk inks all over the Whisper White in a random pattern. I then stamped the images from Stampin' Up!'s Embrace Life in Palette Noir Black ink, and then covered the whole sheet with my Versamark ink pad. I then embossed with Clear EP and cut out in one inch squares. The squares were then glued onto white chipboard inchies (Ellen Hutson). The Certainly Celery piece is stamped with the Canvas background stamp using Versamark (unable to see this in the photo!).

Stamps: Embrace Life, Canvas
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Slab DP (behind CC and large oval punch), Textured Shimmery Bazzill Silver (cardstock base)
Ink: Versamark, Palette Noir Black, Color Box Chalk Inks: French Blue, Lime Pastel, Pink Pastel
Accessories: silver organdy ribbon, word window punch, large oval punch, designer label punch, white chipboard inchies (Ellen Hutson), Clear EP
Techniques: serendipity, embossing

15 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! What soft and pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool how you tiled this image. Very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Judy. I love the soft colors and the technique. Looks like a lot of work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tile effect. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this, the colors are so pretty and I love the tiled look!

    What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you did the squares. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great CASE! I like how the chalk ink looks. I always like the tile effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card you cased and yours is very pretty. I had picked that same card but, alas, things got in the way of my stamping yesterday.

    Bev J. (Maxell on SCS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. Calm soothing colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the wonderful pastel colors you used on this Judy! Thanks so much for playing along on my Featured Stamper day! You guys are just all so great on SCS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!!!! I am going to give this technique a try!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I also enjoy the FS challenges! And this CASE card is so amazing!!!! A wonderfully soft and pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!