Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to Work!

Well, this card kind of says it all for me! After a wonderful summer vacation, during which I got to travel to Ireland, teach a summer class on the ocean creatures, direct a musical, visit with my son, and stamp a lot (!), today was the end of all that.

It was officially my first day back as an elementary music teacher today. Amidst meetings and more meetings and a breakfast to entice us to a meeting, "real" work is here.

I still am living happily ever after with my spouse -- that is, if he can get home from England. He has been stuck in the Newark, NJ airport for two days due to weather related issues, but I am hoping as I write this that he is on his way home via Houston.

And then back to work for him too~

I actually made this card for an SCS Sketch Challenge last week, and hadn't posted it yet. But it certainly seems appropriate for today!

Tomorrow I will have a fun announcement, so stay tuned! I might even have a sneak peek of something wonderful coming up.....

Come back and see!

Stamps: Inkadinkadoo
Paper: Whipser White, Night of Navy, My Mind's Eye DP
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: Primas, pearl brads, navy organdy wide ribbon, Cuttlebug EF

5 comments:

  1. EEK! Judy I didn't know he was stuck at the airport! UGH... I can't imagine how he is doing. great card and I like that sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh I hope dh can get back to you SOON!!
    Adorable card--I love the sophisicated card with the scrawlled sentiment!! PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor hubby!! And you have to go back to work!!!!! AACCHHKKK THAT IS A 4 letter work for me! ha ha ha ha!! This card is lovely. I have that layout challenge sittin on my desk...but have I done it? NO! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card for this challenge - and I love the sentiment! Too True!! I'm not counting the days till school yet though!!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card and a cute quote! Can't wait for that fun announcement tomorrow! *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!