Thursday, August 28, 2008

Can I Even Find My Colored Pencils?

That was the question this morning, as I looked at the SCS Ways To Use It Challenge: Sharpen Up. I finally did find them, dusted them off and began working on the lion and lamb image from the Peace on Earth set by Our Daily Bread Designs:


See a card I made with the dove from this set HERE.
I used this SCS sketch for my layout:
I have also recently re-discovered how much fun Magic Mesh is to use, so I added that as an embellishment and tied some Fancy Fibers over the top layer of the card. The background papers from Provo Craft brought out both colors in my main image. A little torn edge here and there, and some sponged clouds in the background - and it was done! Don't think it was a fast process! My long-time readers know I make cards very slowly. I think I enjoy the process more than the finished product sometimes!

Tomorrow I host the SCS Limited Supplies Challenge, so I hope you will come on over there to play, and then come back here to see what I made!

If you have some time, check out THIS website, VANILLA JOY. It has some awesome giveaways with great prizes this week!

Stamps: Peace on Earth by Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: DCWV textured cardstock, Provo Craft Slab DP, Whisper White
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Magic Mesh, Fancy Fibers (retired SU!), hand-cut cloud stencil, sponge dauber, colored pencils (SU!), brads (The Paper Studio), distressing tool
Techniques: distressing, torn paper

16 comments:

  1. All the elements work so well together on this card. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What else can I say (?) :D- this card is gorgeous!! Everything works so perfectly together.
    ~Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, had to dust mine off too. Gorgeous card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog! This a great card - love all the different textures in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I forgot how nicely Magic Mesh looks on a card. I will have to dig around and use some too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors and coloring! love the magic mesh and fibers on this Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card! I love this stamp set. Thank you for sharing your art

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What an amazing card!!! I'll be sure to check in on your challenge tomorrow. Hope to get some stamping time in since I need to make the dessert for my sister's BBQ on Saturday too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I love how you combined the challenges!!
    Fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coloring is outstanding...very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy this is awesome!! Card is gorgeous and the coloring is gorgeous!!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and awesome coloring. I never get such good results with my colored pencils.

    Thanks for sharing. I came for a visit from the SCS blog thread.

    Heather
    scrappinmominky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful card. Everything about it I love. By the way I just put a Nectarine Plum tart in the oven. I can hardly wait to taste it with dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great coloring! I haven't used regular colored pencils in an age!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!