Thursday, August 21, 2008

Funny How Things Change

It's funny how things change. I am thinking specifically of opinions. "Back in the day" I can remember vividly saying I would never like acrylic stamps, didn't want to use rub-ons, wouldn't know what to do with unmounted stamps, and could never have enough supplies....... haha!

My card for today puts some of those opinions to task! I love acrylics and how you can see right where you are stamping. Rub-ons come in such a variety of colors and designs now, how could you not want to use them on cards, glass, ribbon..... and unmounted stamps sure take up a lot less room than wood mounted! As for the supplies..... well, let's just say that I used to remember every single thing in my stamp room..... and the other day after I came home from Hobby Lobby to get Glue Dots, found a drawer full of pop dots, Glue Dots, foam tape and Dimensionals......
not to mention the drawer full of eyelets, ribbon, chipboard, clips, flowers, and gems. We won't talk about the six drawers of designer paper.......

But today I am excited because I got my Clip It Up last week and I plan to unpack it and see how much I can put on there! Watch for pictures this weekend!


My card today uses one of my favorite techniques: Polished Stone. I love all the different looks you can get, depending on the colors and the way you apply those colors. Today's Polished Stone background uses Old Olive, Encore Gold and Purely Pomegranate. After I made the background, I applied this beautiful silhouette rub-on from American Crafts. I stamped the sentiment (Stamp Oasis/Rubbernecker) in Always Artichoke on Pink Pirouette cardstock, and then tore the edges to meet the challenge today on SCS: Ways To Use It - Torn Paper. The edges were sponged in Always Artichoke and Pink Pirouette (a new In Color for this year).

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate your comments and suggestions on any projects, and also on anything you would like to see on my blog!

Stamps: sentiment: Stamp Oasis by Rubbernecker
Paper: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette, Glossy White, Rose Red POP DP, Basic Grey Perhaps DP
Ink: Always Artichoke (sentiment); Polished Stone color combination: Old Olive, Gold Encore, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: pink clip, pink square brads, white organdy ribbon, rub-ons by American Crafts, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging, Polished Stone, torn paper

21 comments:

  1. Judy, this is stunning! I love that sentiment and polished stone is one of my favorite tech's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I love this card! I already commented on SCS, but I had to comment again because I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - the good old days when we remembered what we already had, LOL. I recall a move (in 1997) when all my stamps, markers, and the shadow boxes that displayed my stamps, neatly fit into one large plastic tub....
    Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Judy! At least you're not afraid of using your "stuff" on your cards! I tend to hoard, which doesn't help with keeping on top of what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Judy!! Love the polished stone...your colors are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice knowing the colours you used for the polished stone. And Perhaps is the set that got me hooked on BG, never really took to it till a friend gave me the 12x12 pack for Christmas and I had to use it - so I have lots of reasons for liking this card.
    Interested too to see that it's a rub-on - I'm still trying to find the best ink for stamping on polished stone.
    We have some sunny weather again this week - you should have seen the floods all over the country the last 10 days, Dublin, Belfast, the south, the midlands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice card!! One can never have two many supplies, LOL

    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya on all the above... I don't think I know half of what I own scrap/stamp wise... this card is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! And it really is funny how your tastes change; especially when you see what other people are doing with the stuff you originally thought you wouldn't like!
    I have something on my blog for you Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy you crack me up. I remember your saying that about acrylics. hee hee But you have come to the dark side now. LOL Very pretty card, I have yet to try that polish stone look! One day... one day... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation!
    I had to laugh about your having to make a Hobby Lobby run only to find an array of supplies in your 'own little stamp store'. Done the same more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only done the polished stone thing once or twice and never really liked it, but this is stunning! I love the black rub ons!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These colors make such a great polished stone. Your pink clip is just perfect for this card - usually when i try to add one, it looks so out of place. Of course, I would have to remember where I put the pink clips and then have to think of even using it...I'm right there with you.
    cindyb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Judy! This was a technique I was planning on using today! Love the silhouette on that bg.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the solid black silhouette on the colored background. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just beautiful, and I was another one who swore I'd never buy acrylic... Heck, I swore I'd never buy anything but SU at one point. Funny how things change, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Your polished stone always looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely---and BTW---it is a crafter's prerogative to change her mind! :D

    SOMEDAY--I will try polished stone...someday.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is gorgeous!!! Love all the special details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!