Saturday, August 2, 2008

IT'S HOT!!

Wow! It's way over a hundred here today - we hardly ever get this kind of heat. 45% humidity -- makes it feel like 110. UGH. So to cool me off, here is a nice pink card I made for Lindsey's DTGD Challenge last week: pink/black and faux stitching - and for the SCS Ways To Use It Challenge: Scraps!

Except for the card base, everything on this card is leftovers! I LOVE this new set I got from My Sentiments Exactly. It comes with the bird and many sentiments to add! My faux stitching is around the edge of the card from rub-ons by Doodlebug Designs called "Sew Easy."


Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly
Paper: Basic Black, Two Scoops Basic Grey DP, Blush Blossom, Rose Romance (retired)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: K & Co. Hardware, Primas, dotted grosgrain ribbon, Cuttlebug EF, Sew Easy Rub-Ons by Doodlebug


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are staying cool! Tune in tomorrow for a peek at a really cute new set!

8 comments:

  1. This is a really sweet card! Love the stitching rub ons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! I wish I could dig up some scraps and make something cute like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling sweet card and stamp! Stay cool in that heat! UCK! Have a great day!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Judy!! I love the colors, the sketch, the faux stitching...everything!! WOW!! Bummer about the heat though...I hate heat!! Love cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Judy! great bird and wonderful sentiment in the swirl - and fun faux stitching rub on! hope you are cooler today! we had a comfy 80 degree day yesterday with a few thunder storms thrown in for good measure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Judy! I have the Basic Grey stamps that coordinate with this paper - too pretty! Also, I've nominated you for an award - check my blog for deets...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! I SO relate to the hot thing -- when it is in the 90's it feel like relief, but the humidity is a whole other thing. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!