Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pearls of Thanks

Next week will be a lot of fun as I will have some new designs and sneak peeks on new releases for you to see!

Our Daily Bread Designs will be releasing some really neat sets on August 15, and I will be showing those this next week. But today I wanted to use the wonderful Give Thanks set that is a must-have for fall and Thanksgiving cards.

I stamped the sentiment and cornucopia in Chocolate Chip ink. I used ink pads and an aqua brush to color in the cornucopia and then distressed the edges, sponging Chocolate Chip ink on as I went. I sewed the Basic Grey Mellow DP to the DCWV textured brown paper and then added my piece of Chocolate Chip satin ribbon. I layered this piece using Stampin' Dimensionals to the Mellow Moss base.


Today's SCS Ways To Use It Challenge was Be-jeweled! I used pearls in the upper left-hand corner of my card to give it a shabby chic look. The pearls were the last thing I added to the card.

Thanks for stopping by today! Keep checking back, as I will have blog candy from Our Daily Bread Designs soon!

Stamps: Give Thanks by Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: Mellow Moss, Whisper White, DCWV Textured Neutrals, Basic Grey Mellow DP
Ink: Choclate Chip & many various for watercoloring
Accessories: pearls, sewing machine, Cutter Tool, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging, watercoloring

11 comments:

  1. It is stunning! I want that card..LOL. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love what you did here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic Thanksgiving card! Cute stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color combo and the coordination of layers is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - I love the cool background paper! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! I love how you used just a portion of the Thankgiving image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!
    This ROCKS!!! I love the papers and the coloring--but I really love the sentiment!!
    SO wonderfully done, Judy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!