Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Out With the Old and In With the New

Time to welcome the new In Colors and retire the Old. I happen to love all of last year's colors (even if Guava was a late bloomer for me!) and I will miss seeing them frequently! I tried to stock up on a few, but was too late and everything was sold out! I do have a little stash of Pomegranate and Guava, but the rest will soon disappear as I run out of cardstock and ink.

The SCS Color Challenge this week was to use any of the retiring In Colors. I chose colors that would work with my cute new images. I used River Rock, Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate for my cardstock, and the ribbon also picks up Groovy Guava. I will miss these colors!

Inkadinkadoo has a lot of cute sentiments that are quotes from young kids. I liked this one! My picture is a little blurry - my DH has my camera in England, so I am using DD's - which I don't know how to use!


Stamps: Sentiment by Inkadinkadoo, Alligator and Leaf by CTMH (Life is a Jungle)
Paper: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi POP DP
Ink: Black Stazon, Wild Wasabi, River Rock
Accessories: slot punch, ribbon by Fancy Pants Designs, green brads by The Paper Studio, Nestabilities
Techniques: watercolor


And here is the Sneak Peek I promised of a cute new set:


Isn't it darling? It's the new camping set that is in the new Stampin' Up! catalog! I am still waiting (and not very patiently) for mine to arrive. Something to look forward to next week, probably, as I start back to school and teaching (like I will have time then to peruse and drool and look all day....haha!)

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. I love the fun sentiments, Judy! I have a lot of Inkadinkado stamps, so may have to look into some of these! I'm going to miss the colors, too, but managed to stock up early, so if you're in a pinch I'd be happy to help you out! Thanks for the sneak peek--that looks like a fun set! Sue (suen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card!!!

    Hope your catties come today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute sentiment for that stamp! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little gatter - suits your saying!!!! I CAN'T WAIT until the 11th to order that bear set. He is just toooooooo cute - in a grumpy sort of way! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable new set and you know I like that gator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cute set! I like your cute card! That gator is darling! And the perfect sentiment for a gator with a big smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!