Saturday, August 30, 2008

Stamping Friends are Awesome!


I am so happy to have had the opportunity to meet Holly McMillen (aka Toy) and her delightfully fun family. We didn't have near enough time, as it was just an overnight stay, but I can tell you that there will be many more get-togethers with her family. We had a great time!

Because my in-laws are now coming this afternoon, I am in the process of making and then baking a Raspberry Peach Pie, so my stamping is on hold for a day!

But I did want to share a couple of sites with you.
Maybe you already know about this one: SUColorQ
If not, check it out! It is a really fun, fast, easy way to put colors together (including the new In Colors!) and find out what combinations you might like.
One that I really liked that I played around with today is
Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, Always Artichoke and Sahara Sand. Sounds like something out of my comfort zone, but I think I will like the results!

The other site is an awesome sketch site: Sketches! {by Tamara}. I have been asked to be a designer for Tamara's sketches and I am really excited about that! I think that for me, at least, thinking up the sketch or layout is the hardest part, and most time consuming, in designing my cards. Each week Tamara sends the Design Team a sketch and it is posted on the Sketches! blog on Thursdays. September 4th is coming up quickly and I hope you will join in the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by -- I am off to finish the pie!
(A poet and I don't know it..... ok, maybe I will just stick to music and stamping......)

10 comments:

  1. What beautiful smiles!!
    I am glad the two of you could get together!!

    I hope the pie turns out well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I so want to meet you and Holly IP! The pie sounds yummy, save me a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly and Judy!!! I'm so glad you posted this, Judy! I've been wondering how Holly and family are doing with their cross-country move.

    And congrats on the new design team position! I just left that team, but it sure would have been fun to work together! I'll enjoy seeing what you do with those sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Judy looks like you and Holly had a wonderful time! Too bad it was a short visit, but at least you got to meet eachother!! Someday I am sure we will meet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear Holly & family made it there safely! I thought about your fun meeting yesterday, and wondered if Holly had arrived. We'll all have to catch up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm...pie. Congrats on the design team. I'll go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun and wonderful time you had. so nice to get together.
    tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I would love to meet many of my on-line stamping friends. That would be cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look so cute! Glad you had a good time. I will have to check out the hamboo sale later today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on all your new design team jobs! You are an awesome designer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!