Monday, August 18, 2008

Survival Tactics and a New Baby

Our theme for the House Mouse & Friends blog challenge was "New." The challenges are new, the blog is new, so our theme was new! I made this card (5 inches square) using a Happy Hopper for my main image. I stamped it in Basic Gray ink, and then watercolored using reinkers and an aqua brush. I outlined the whole image with Copic C-1.

The sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. The little brad buttons are a cute addition for a baby card, although I do wish I had spaced them father apart. The large jumbo eyelet says "adore."

If you would like to play along, check out the link above for details and more samples from the rest of the team!

I am happy to announce that I survived my first Monday of teaching! You would think I am used to it by now, as this is my 27th year of teaching! I do love summer vacation, though, and it's always hard to go back to paying for everything I bought during the summer!

I am also having trouble getting the Random Number Generator to load properly in my laptop, so check back tomorrow morning for the blog candy winner and also for a fun new card with the SCS Color Challenge!

8 comments:

  1. So cute Judy! I like this happy hopper image. Great card. Glad you made it through your first day. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweet baby mouse! how darling is this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee!!
    This is adorable!!
    I love the tiny buttons, too! (I just LOVE buttons with baby cards!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! I like the little hoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card....the stamps, colors--adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just found the H&M blog today but i'll sure to be back for challenges =) love your card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!