Saturday, August 23, 2008

Whimsical Wings

Today's card shows the whimsical side of my stamping style. I used two of my fun Hambo stamps for this card. I made it for a few challenges:

Today's SCS Inspiration Challenge 142: Marimekko Umbrellas. I chose this umbrella as my inspiration. Isn't it a fun design?

Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Product & Materials Focus: Bling

Yesterday's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge 182: Oldies But Goodies! I used an old set, Simple Shapes, as my background.

The picture is a closer view, as the card measures 4.25" square. The way I cropped and resized my picture, it looks giant!

I am getting pretty excited, as ONE WEEK from today, Holly {aka Toy on SCS} will be staying with me! She is moving from New York to Colorado, and she and her family will be spending the night this coming Friday, before heading on to Loveland, CO, on Saturday. Mothermark, are you ready for her to descend on your beautiful town? I can hardly wait to meet her! And I will be sure to post pictures!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Stampin' Up!: Simple Shapes, Hambo: Dragonfly - 0113, Friend Beneath My Wings - 2505
Paper: Basic Black, Lovely Lilac, Whisper White
Ink: Black Stazon, Lovely Lilac
Accessories: tag punch, circle punch, Marvy scallop circle punch, grosgrain ribbon, Stickles, lavender gems, Paper Frills (Doodlebug)

11 comments:

  1. How cute! His smile is just adorable, great sentiment and I love the purple background. This just makes me smile Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a fun card, and I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! This card is sooooooo cute! Love the colors, the little bug, and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this card...that little dragonfly is just darn cute. Great job bringing it all together. Have fun bonding with your SCS stamping friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card - I like all the scallops and the bling. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the happiest little dragonfly!!! (she musta eaten my Squito!! lol)

    FUN card!!! I just love that edge detail!!! I am *bling stingy*--I never let my self use more than a couple per project--As I look at this, I GOTTA get over that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design inspiration piece! Like how you incorporated the colors and the floaty look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!