Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wow! Black and White....... and then Rose Red all over!


Well, yesterday I told you I would post a close up of my House Mouse card. And as I was taking the picture, I was fooling around with some settings and ended up taking this black and white photo. And guess what? I love it! It's true that we make our projects with varied colors in mind, but I thought this photo perfectly captured the beautiful art work on this stamp so well. It made me really look at the image in a new way, instead of focusing just on the colors (which I also love!).

What is funny about that is that today is Color Challenge 181 at SCS! So I did make a card with colors in mind (Kraft, Rose Red, Basic Black), and have it here:
Charlie is so giddy about you that he can't see straight! He is almost seeing double.... and that's how I feel when I look at the double stamped sentiment thinking....."I should have left it alone..."

But in any case, here it is. Charlie is stamped in Palette Noir Black and colored with Stampin' Up! markers. The flowers are stamped twice and popped up on a tiny piece of Stampin' Dimensionals. The chipboard is sponged with Palette Noir Black ink. The Canvas background was inked with Creamy Caramel and then thumped with Rose Red in a few places.

Stamps: Canvas, Clear Dollar Stamps
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Rose Red, Purely Pomegranate, Rose Red POP DP
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: chipboard by The Paper Studio, designer label punch, eyelets, photo corner punch

Thanks for stopping by! Tomorrow I will have one of my favorite dessert recipes that uses some yummy fall fruits!

10 comments:

  1. I love the rustic colours in this. And that chipboard is to die for - it reminds me of old fancy hinges on doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the House Mouse Stamp - I love it!!!! I'd love to see your card "in living color" too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Judy, what dessert are you going to share tomorrow, I love dessert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this is just adorable. I love that little horse and the chip board.
    I'm so excited that you made the design team and look forward to seeing your wonderful creations every week.

    Stampin hugs,
    Becky:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know we quilters often photograph quilt fabrics together in black and white to make sure we can see the detail in them we want. You really can see the patterns and detail when color is removed.

    This is a really cute card! And I love the house mouse stamp and card also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sentiment cracks me up! He's a cutie, that's for sure!

    I like the B&W photo, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!