Thursday, October 16, 2008

An Easy Sketch For You and a SALE!

Today's sketch over at Sketches! by Tamara is an easy one -- it has so many possibilities. I kept to the flower theme (but of course, you could use anything), and chose the coneflower from Summer Botanicals by Flourishes. I used my Stampin' Up! markers to color in my image. Since this stamp had never been inked, I had to sand it a little with my sanding block to get the ink to adhere to the polymer. It works great! I used Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant, and Old Olive for the flowers, and sponged the edges with Autumn Terracota by Close to My Heart (CTMH). The sentiment is stamped in Elegant Eggplant, and the edges are sponged with Old Olive.
Here is the sketch:
Join in and play along, and be sure to link back to the Sketches! blog, and you may be featured as a Guest Designer!

Did I mention that in last week's marching Band competition, our high school band took home a Superior rating? So they are doing awesome this year -- one more competition to go (the BIG one) next weekend! I was a bus sponsor this time, and when we left our town, it was cold, pouring rain, and windy. I took a scarf, blanket, gloves, hat, umbrella, and a raincoat to go over my regular coat -- plus, I was wearing a sweatshirt and a t-shirt! Our band was scheduled to perform at 9:30 p.m. with the Awards at 11:00 p.m. and I knew I didn't want to be cold and wet that whole time. We traveled the two hours to Lincoln for the competition, and as soon as I stepped off the bus, I was hit with warm 70 degree air! So weird. That's Nebraska weather for you! So back into the bus I go, with all that stuff -- I dumped it in my seat, and left for the field with just my lightweight jacket! Most people were in short sleeves when we left to go back home after midnight. We arrive back here at 2:40 a.m. with cold, pouring rain and wind!

I am feeling somewhat better today; thank you for all the kind words! Today my sister, mom, and I are going to try to stamp most of the day. Yesterday the two of them worked on Halloween and Thanksgiving cards. I don't know what we have planned yet for today, but I will show you some of what I make tomorrow!

BIG post tomorrow! Cards (more than one even - for me, that's amazing! haha), a new fall recipe and another craft for kids!! Blog Candy too! Don't miss it!

And for a super-fantastic SALE, check out the "Buy One - Get One" SALE event at Hambo Stamps!! There are some fabulous deals while supplies last, so HURRY!

Stamps: Summer Botanicals by Flourishes
Paper: Naturals Ivory & Old Olive (Stampin' Up!); Autumn Terracotta, New England Ivy, Pansy Purple (CTMH)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories: large and small oval punches, ticket corner punch, brads (The Paper Studio), fibers (CTMH)

12 comments:

  1. Oh Judy its so rich and pretty. I think you did a great job. Glad you are feeling better and you are getting in sometime with mom and sis. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fall colors! And I love the sassy strands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy! Sounds like you are having a whirlwind week! Glad you are better, that you are enjoying some stamping time w/ your mom and sister! I miss you!

    I love your pretty coneflower sketch card! I am wishing for a place that listed all the different blog challenges and what days of the week they occur. I'm so new to this blogging thing I haven't figured it all out! But I'm having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy I was just thinking about you today. Very pretty fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card! nice and simple sketch too... you've created a beautiful card with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy,

    Very pretty card, I love the simple layout and the pop of the beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh another great card! I love the fibers! I hope the band does well,I know how hard they must practice! I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you had good weather while you were there at least! Sounds like a good time to stamp with family!! Love your card with the deep colors and fun ribbons!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! All of your creations are! I added your blog to my favorites ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the colors and the fibers you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!