Wednesday, October 29, 2008

EEK and a Sneak PEEK!

You know your day is maybe not going to be the best when you turn on your computer first thing in the morning and it makes a BAD sound....and then once it turns on, shuts itself off. Then when you try to restart it, and it keeps recycling the opening start up page and won't actually ever turn on........EEK! Why is it that I don't remember to back up my files?? I am hoping that the computer hospital will say it's an easy thing to fix....all my family pictures are on there, including my trip to Ireland - and all my cards I have ever made. Well, we will see. I am on my school laptop updating here, so hopefully by the end of the week things will be back to normal.

I had already uploaded this card to my email, so I can access the picture to share with you. I made this from a new release by Our Daily Bread Designs called Joy to the World. I love the font of the sentiments -- and there are several! Three new sets will be released on November 1st!
I am hoping to get an Ott light this week; my pictures have been so shadowy lately, even if I use my daughter's new camera. So it must just be the low light in my dungeon stamp room! Hopefully you can see this well enough to see the embossed border at the bottom of the card. I made that with one of the newer Cuttlebug embossing folders that is just a strip.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Tomorrow will be an exciting day in this house -- the musical at the high school opens tomorrow. I have been helping direct and will play keyboard in the pit orchestra, my daughter is in it and my husband plays trumpet in the orchestra. The kids are doing a great job. The musical is "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and we have five performances beginning tomorrow night, two on Saturday, one Sunday and one Monday. Should be lots of fun!

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty Judy! I can see the embossed border perfectly! Sorry about the computer, that is NOT fun. Hope its working soon and you don't lose all the pictures from the trips. Good luck tomorrow night! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sorry to hear about the laptop! Hope the Geek Squad can fix it!

    Beautiful card..love the softness of it!

    Have a great time tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your computer woes. I am paranoid about backing mine up, try to do it every month but it's more like 6 weeks. I hope they fix it for you.
    I can see the embossing well, but you'll love the OTT anyway :D, I got a daylight Anglepoise this year and I can't imagine how I worked without it all last winter.
    Have fun with Joseph - wish I could hear it. I still have it on vinyl, as well as a CD for convenience, and the little girl I used to mind could sing her way through most of the songs when she discovered that I had the same record as her grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Judy - love the soft colors and embossing. I'll keep my fingers crossed about your computer. I bought a portable harddrive pretty cheap that I back up all my files to. I learned the hard way once with all my work files!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just breathtaking! I love the image. And the lO you chose is fantastic! I love the cb ef too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek is right. Hope you get good news on that. As for the card, it is so elegant. I love what you are doing for ODB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no Judy!!! I sure hope you recover your files, how awful if you lose your photos! And have fun at the show - Joseph is one of my favorite musicals!! I love my soundtrack CD with Donny Osmond! :-) Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card and image. I'll stay tuned for their new releases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Judy! This is beautiful. I am sooooo looking for a great Nativity stamp and this one just may be it! Great blog you have. I'll definitely be back!

    Stef H
    (SCS: Glitterbabe)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I have to say WOWZERS! Beautiful coloring on that card adn lovely layout for the image and sentiment! So sorry to hear about the computer, so not fun...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sad to hear about your computer!! HOW FRUSTRATING!!
    BUT...
    This is an AWESOME card. I love the colors and your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!