Tuesday, October 7, 2008

May You Have....


Today's Color Challenge at SCS really challenged me. It's so interesting how some colors are easy for people to put together and some aren't! That's why it's a challenge, huh? ;)

I used the Stamp of the Month for September from CTMH, and cased a layout from the CTMH catalog for today's card. It didn't turn out quite like I had hoped, and I had to "fix" some things, but it's done!

The organdy ribbon is rainbow colored, and I chose a piece that had complimentary colors in it. The tangerine flowers are cut out and held like a little nosegay by the twill.

Thanks for stopping by today! I appreciate every one of my readers!

Tomorrow I will have some fun fall recipes and a craft for kids!
Have a great day!
P.S. KELLEY: "May you have.......a wonderful birthday today!!!"

18 comments:

  1. Judy, this is gorgeous! I love the rainbow ribbon, and the way you placed the one word from the sentiment over it! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy!! Pretty card..pretty sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Judy, doesn't look like you struggled at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is extremely exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Judy! Love how you did the cut out flowers with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a most lovely card, Judy. So elegant and comforting alike. the ribbon is fabulous! You certainly made this "challenge" look simple as pie. Oh, crafts for kids tomorrow sounds fun! Can't wait tfs! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy this is such a lovely card!!
    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is REALLY pretty!!
    I cannot see the stuggle with the colors AT ALL!!
    I love the way you used the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Such a meaningful card. I love how you highlighted the word 'sorrow'. Very creative. I love the popped up flowers, and the tag too. The tag, along with the highlighted word 'sorrow' are very thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such a meaningful card. I love how you highlighted the word 'sorrow'. Very creative. I love the popped up flowers, and the tag too. The tag, along with the highlighted word 'sorrow' are very thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! I like the sentiment and the rainbow ribbon is a perfect touch. I also like the way you made the flowers dimensional- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a unique idea to cut out the flowers and tie them on the front of the card. Beautiful!

    Elizabeth, Southampton UK

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty and I like the cut out flowers. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful, Judy! I would have never guessed you struggled with this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!