Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Last Buzzard Appearance for the Season

I love this little buzzard and I hope you aren't tired of seeing him! This is his last appearance for awhile as it snowed here today and he is now cold and wants to go back in his drawer! This is a birthday card I made for a friend - Buzzard is wishing for something more than bare bones! Maybe he is wishing for FREE shipping? Well, I am offering it to the first person who orders with Monica today at Hambo Stamps and gives her the code of BUZZJUDY! Any size order!
Since I made my cactus last week with the Fingerprint stamp, I thought I would show you the cute Cactus that Hambo Stamps has too. A different kind of course~ I grew up in Arizona and I miss seeing the Sahuaro cactus!

I used the sketch that Tamara gave her Design Team for today. Mine looks a bit different, as I flipped it and added some layers. My scalloped edge (on the sketch) is actually a small zig zag edge at the bottom - a little hard to see in the main photo. The sky background is filled with desert clouds sponged with Bordering Blue - also too light for the camera to pick up - for some reason this week was not a great card picture taking week for me!

Stamps: Buzzard, Tracks, Cactus, Bone, Make a Wish by Hambo Stamps
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss, Old Olive, Stampin' Up! DP
Ink: Basic Black, Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Real Red, Apricot Appeal, Copic C-1 and C-3
Accessories: Silver HPH, black twine, photo corner punch


Thanks for putting up with my cute Buzzard for one more day!

12 comments:

  1. How fun and oh my goodness... it snowed there. EEK!!! Keep the snow.... I will just stick with the cold and dreery weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still living in Arizona, that little buzzard could not help but attract me. But the use of colors are even more stunning and just right to set the mood. You posted this 10/23 -- which is the day I celebrate 48 years of marriage to the same, yes same, love of my life . Because you teach music, you might enjoy seeing "Music Makes My Heart Sing" on the right side links of my blog. Thanks for sharing -- Hope you come by. Martha Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love this card! who could ever get tired of this old buzzard? Great card Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the card. The layout and DT really displays the buzzard well.
    (Thankfully, no snow here)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judi;

    What a cute card! The buzzard is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this card!!! Great sketch and the buzzard is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE this little buzzard! LOL! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never tire of this cute buzzard and all those marvelous cactus!!! Love this!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE Card! I love the embellies you used with this image, the papers, and the photo corner. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card!!!!! Love the colors, and the stamped image!!!


    Cheryl :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a cutie! I like the cactus stamp. Glad it's snowing there and not here...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!