Saturday, October 11, 2008

Watercolor is My Favorite

Today's Inspiration Challenge was right up my alley, as I love watercolor artwork. Stef chose this website of Mizue Hirano for us to browse. I chose this picture:



I first spritzed my watercolor paper and then squirted little drops of Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink reinkers. Then I stamped my images (Treasure Life by CTMH), distressed the edges with the Stampin' Up Cutter Tool, and wrapped Linen Thread around the main panels. The sentiment is stamped in Always Artichoke.

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to stamp as I had a dentist visit - and am now not as wise as I was yesterday, due to losing some wisdom teeth! It went well, but I am still tired! Today is another Marching Band Competition and I am a bus sponsor this time. We leave at 5:00 p.m. to travel to the site and get home at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow. Doesn't look like any stamping time in the forecast either! Just rain and cold tonight! I am taking a blanket!

Have a great weekend! I have one more Hambo Stamps thumbprint card to show you tomorrow!

Stamps: CTMH: Treasure Life
Paper: watercolor paper, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Rose Red
Ink: Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Rose Red
Accessories: linen thread, paper piercer, distressing tool

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful Judy!! Love the colors and the twine wrapping!! Stay warm...and have fun tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, your watercoloring is my favorite too...gorgeous!!! I do need to try this technique more often, after seeing yours, I am completely inspired!! I may need to email you for some tips ;)... Hope the band trip goes well & you stay warm & dry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing the "how to".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Judy! Love how you interpreted the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, love this technique, and the card you created with it. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabu-u-lous ... love the background with those floral images and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, I love the watercolor technique, always so pretty. Like your quote about not being as wise as before-cute. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work Judy. Love it and will try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your watercolored card. So pretty! I love the twine wrapped around and the sentiment also. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome watercoloring! I love your card...very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Judy - You used Treasure Life by CTMH. Who is CTMH - I'd like to get these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, this is beautiful - such lovely warm colors and I love the twine!! Hope you stayed warm at the competition!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so funny!! lol!!!I literally "laughed out loud"!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful watercolor! Love the soft, dreamy colors. Have fun w/ the marching band. Reminds me of school days. I loved being in the marching band.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this spritzing watercoloring technique! wonderful card for the inspiration challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of watercolor art! This card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!