Tuesday, April 21, 2009
For today's SCS Color Challenge 215: Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red
Well, I just love these colors. Pink Pirouette is my new favorite pink (stocking up!) and Rose Red has always been a favorite. What a great color challenge!
I used images from Love One Another, by Our Daily Bread designs. I stamped the wreath in Basic Gray, and then colored it with my Stampin' Up! markers. The sentiment is stamped in Rose Red. I added pearls to the top of each wreath.
The paper is SEI Chocolat and is also available at ODBD.
And for a little dessert to go with my card:
* 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 3/4 cup margarine, melted
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 dash vanilla extract
* 1 dash almond extract
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1 (12 ounce) can cherry pie filling (I use the ones that say More Fruit!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish. In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine. Stir well and press into baking dish. Bake 5 minutes. Cool.
2. In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well. In a medium bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spread over cooled crust. Dot with cherry pie filling, and smooth with knife or spatula to cover. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Have a great day!
Stamps: Love One Another (ODBD)
Paper: Basic Gray, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, SEI Chocolat DP
Ink: Basic Gray, Rose Red, Mellow Moss, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: pearls, photo corner punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF, Nestabilties, Offray ribbon. Fiskars border punch