Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Welcome Baby!

This afternoon I am making Chicken Enchiladas for a friend that just had a baby a few weeks ago -- 4 1/2 weeks early! But everything is fine, and the sweet new little one is at home now.

Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby looking for a particular border punch, and when they didn't have that I ventured into the paper aisle (like I need any more paper in my entire life, and two generations beyond that! LOL). It was on sale, so of course I had to get SOMEthing! I bought two single sheets - and have no idea why I chose what I did. But guess what? When today's SCS Color Challenge was posted, it was the EXACT colors in the paper I bought. How cool is that?

AND -- I needed to make a card using a wonderful new release by Our Daily Bread designs today -- and everything just sort of fell into place from there! Here is my card:


And here is the complete set: Children of God~

The color challenge was to use Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa and So Saffron. I really like how it turned out!


Stamps: Children of God (ODBD)
Paper: Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, DP by The Paper Studio, Whisper White
Ink: Palette Noir Black
Accessories: MS branch punch, paper flowers (Hero Arts), dew drops, word window punch, Nestabilities, MS lace doily border punch, bitty brads (CTMH)

15 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. And the dinner you are making them sounds yummy also. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Judy!! :) I'm sure your friend will love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. could you use your power to get a Hobby Lobby here in CT......

    anyhoo....just the sweetest card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card for the challenge....love all the little pieces you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet and soft and pretty - a lovely card for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, you can never have too much paper!!! LOL!!! Gorgeous card - love all the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love the colors together! Thanks for showing the stamp set, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee! That dangerous paper aisle!! It has claimed MANY a victim!

    But all is well that ends well!
    and this ends WELL!
    I love the duckies with this quote! I like your details, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rubber Dusckie, you're the one! You make bathtime so much fun!!Oops..sorry! Got carried away!! Cute baby card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Judy! This paper IS just perfect!! Love the scripture too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable!! Love the ducky paper!! Can you come cook for me? Sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!