Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hugs Sand Kisses!


Isn't this dino adorable? You can click on the card for a close-up view. This is one of several new releases for summer by Hambo Stamps. Check out all of the fun new designs HERE. I just love them all and am excited to show you some more projects later this week. Take a look at Mr. Hambo's (Timbo!) digital designs as well!

I made this for today's SCS Featured Stamper Challenge 220. I was thrilled to see Mercy Kerin as the Featured Stamper. She does wonderful work and has such a great gallery. I chose to case (copy and share everything!) THIS card.

I kept her layout and embellishment placement, but changed images and paper. I added a clip and the sentiment. My images are stamped in Palette Noir Black ink on watercolor paper and then watercolored using reinkers and an aqua brush. Designer papers are Wild Raspberry by K & Co.

I am off to the airport (three hours away) to pick up my son - home from college for three weeks! Yay! Have a wonderful day!

Stamps: Sand Box Dino - 3403; Hugs Sand Kisses - 3412; Sun - 3420 (Hambo Stamps)
Paper: Wild Raspberry DP by K & Co.; Ruby Red, watercolor
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Blue Bayou, Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Apricot Appeal, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: clip, word window punch, large oval punch, stitched grosgrain ribbon, brads, paper piercer
Techniques: watercolor

12 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Judy!!! Have a great holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is that!!

    have a fab weekend with your son :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable! I love the way you have colored him, I am amazed with the look you can get with reinkers and the aqua brush. That paper is too cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute and fun Judy!! Love that big guy in the sandbox!! And your papers are so happy and fun too! Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I love the colors/papers, and that cute little sentiment with the clip. Simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Judy. I love some of the new stamps too. The kid in the sand castle so reminds me of the boys. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and so cool!
    I really REALLY like the colors you have colored him!! FANTASTIC highlights!!!
    FAB papers, too!!!
    FUN card!!

    Have fun with the young adults ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun! love the colors and the image. Enjoy having your son home {i know you will}.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!