Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Love Days Like This: 07/08/09

I guess I must love numbers, as I love days that make a pattern or are sequential -- like today!
It's 07/08/09! It's going to be a good day!


I loved Jennifer Buck's sketch so much that I decided to make another today - and with my Unity Stamps again. Their Kit of the Month is such an awesome deal. For this 6 inch card I used the June KOTM - Perfect in Every Way. It's on sale today!

I pieced the pear tree with K & Co. Wild Saffron DP. LOVE that paper! This is for the Shabby Chicks Monthly Challenge: NATURE. See all the Shabby Chicks blogs in my right sidebar!

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Birthday to my good friend, Juliana!



Stamps: Perfect in Every Way (June KOTM): Unity Stamp Co.
Paper: Kraft, Blue Bayou, Papertrey Dark Chocolate, K & Co. Wild Saffron
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: photo corner punch, large vanilla brads and chocolate clip, jumbo gold eyelet, smal blue brad (The Paper Studio), circle punches (1" and 1 1/4"), Prima flowers
Techniques: paper piecing

23 comments:

  1. Loving the mixture of these patterns and colors all together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to see your latest cards....they are all great, lots of color and texture! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous card! I love the pear tree and the patterns and colours you used. Awesome job Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! Love all of the paper piecing, and that tree is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful detailed work - just stunning !!!

    BTW I got married on 6/5/04 and my brother married on 7/7/07 - tee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. The colors are beautiful and the patterned border looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, how CUTE is that with the stamping right on the DP, and I love the circle elements!! Awesome card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so fun Judy! Love your paper pieced pears! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy - this is a cool looking card!!! Fab take on the Sketch!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy what a cool card! That image is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cute cute ... love the paper piecing on that pear tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Judy!!! This looks TOTALLY AMAZING!!! I just love what you've done with that tree, fabulous border and cute sentiment!!!

    (Had to do a double take when you were talking about the date! For us Aussies - 07/08/09 is 7 August 2009!!! I guess I'll be having a good day next month!!! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, I am such a ditz--wish I could say that my mind was going because of the 40 thing--but I didn't realize all day that is was 7-8-9. I know 7-8-69!!! but never thought about the date (with year) all day yesterday!! LOL!!!

    I love this pear card!! That paper piecing is amazing!! I love the colors and how you used the layout, too!!
    FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card as always. Love the pear tree with the piecing, bet your fingers hurt after cutting all those little pears! Great paper choice and the brads going at an angle is a fun touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very stunning Judy!! I just love those fun papers!! ;) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic pear tree! Love all of your design elements here Judy--I love that K & Co. paper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is simply fabulous....love every image, dp, choice...wow

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super card!! Love the paper piecing on the tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!