Thursday, July 2, 2009

Trust


I am at the end of my five day ODBD week and I have one more project to show you!

I used images from the new release Mother Teresa and my three ODBD ink pads for this project as well: Spring Green, Sunflower and Raspberry.

I stamped my lotus flower with VersaFine Onyx Black and then watercolored using an Aqua-Flo brush.

I love the Wild Raspberry paper from K & Co. It goes so well with these colors and images. I added Angel Wings Shimmerz to the middle of the flower and on the water. Here is a close-up that shows that (click for an ever closer view!). Shimmerz is 25% off through tomorrow!


The quote says "I know that God will not give me anything I can't handle; I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." This Mother Teresa quote is probably my favorite in the whole set -- it just seems to fit life right now for a lot of people! I think it also shows Mother Teresa's sense of humor - and we certainly need a lot of humor to get through a lot of life's bumps and hills and obstacles!

The frame around the lotus was actually a mistake! I was cutting out the frame with my Nestabilities and it didn't quite cut. I couldn't re-do it, as the paper came out of the metal frame. So it is what it is, and I ended up liking it embossed!


Thanks for sharing this release week with me! I hope you will join in the Guest Designer contest that ODBD is having this week! You can read about that HERE!

Thanks for coming by!

25 comments:

  1. Judy, this is so beautiful!! I love your colors and coloring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judy, just wanted to give a "shout out" that card is so very pretty! Love the colors, of course, and the Shimmerz is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Judy!! Your coloring of your lotus looks exactly like the picture...Perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Judy! Great framing, I was wondering how you did that..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just admiring your embossed frame and thinking I need to remember to try that when reading it was a "mistake." What would stamping be without them?
    This is so true about life and the challenges we face, Judy...I really love your card today and your accompanying words of encouragement. This is a truly lovely set!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautifully colored Judy! Love you color palette for this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled to have found your blog! Your work is amazing and I enjoy your posts! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love it when so-called mistakes turn into positives?! Your card is gorgeous and the shimmery detail is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Judy! The coloring is just gorgeous and the new set is 'to die for'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! rita w

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Judy - those colours are fantastic and I love the touches of shimmerz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Judy!!! I love the colors and layout! YOur coloring is magnificent!! The shimmerz is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every card you make is more beautiful than the last. I hope you don't get tired of hearing that. I am always so inspired by your gorgeous cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card and the "frame" around the flower doesn't look like a mistake to me. It really adds a cool touch to this card. Sometimes, God gives us what we think look like mistakes to let us see a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy I love this flower you used on this card, you did a Beautiful job on this!!!

    Hope you have a Happy 4th of July hun!!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful coloring on this lotus! Love the card design and you know I adore the pic as well! :) Have a great day! Hugs!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply gorgeous card - Judy!!! I think this is one of my favorite quotes from Mother Teresa as well!!! This Set is so wonderful and I enjoy stampin' with it!!!

    Have a great day!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful image. You coloured it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Judy, this is so beautiful!! wow what awsome card.... hotwheels

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautimous, Judy!! That's such a cool effect you accidentally got there! Gotta love those happy oopsies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That waterlily picture is stunning and so is the card! What beautiful work Judy! Love the colors...love the classy-ness of the design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!