Monday, January 11, 2010

Inspired by What?

Hop on over to the Flourishes blog and see my first post there as the January Limelight Designer!

Today I want to share with you briefly about where I get my inspiration for my projects. I tend to use nature and the color found there, as I am sure many of you also do, for the starting point for my cards. Take for example, the card I have made using Seaside Life:


It is rich with deep blues and greens of the ocean, and after a week of sub-zero temperatures, I am dreaming of the time when I can bask in the sunshine and warmth of the Atlantic Ocean again! The somewhat darker colors reflect the current winter season, but with the hope that someday my thermometer will rise above 10 degrees!

Thanks for stopping by today, and to all my loyal subscribers and readers:
I AM BACK!

21 comments:

  1. Love nature! And this card is gorgeous Judy!! The colors represent the warmth of nature beautifully!! Welcome back!! You were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy WOW this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love those shells!!! Stunning colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seaside-inspired cards, having grown up within earshot of the sea.
    Sub-freezing here too, and we've just lost our water supply - so I wouldn't mind some sunshine and warmth to.
    It is good to see you back - hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're back, Judy! Fabulous Flourishes project! Bet it feels good to get crafty again :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Judy! I am so glad you are back! Your card is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you in wishing for a warmer climate! Welcome back ~ we missed you ~ and congrats on the honor of being a limelight designer! Your card is beautiful...I always love the earthy, back to nature colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely, soothing card. I love the punched border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy! I have so missed you lady!! Hope you're doing well!! Your card is so gorgeous!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful, I love anything beachy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your inspiration and so glad to have yo back posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. The rich color, layers and texture. Love the seashells.
    PS. I would send you some of this nice desert 60 degree sun if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Makes me long for the sound and warmth of the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohhh beautiful.. I heard u are growing in Unity this week... wohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! And your post is so timely for me. I am headed to O.City, MD, next weekend for our annual sisters' week! Can't wait. Beats MN March all to pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!