Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Friday Friends With Flair and Time for Sweet Nothin's!


You know when you find something that you really love that you just have to have? Well, I was buying yarn today for an afghan I am making and I found this fun and funky button trim. I just had to have it!

And then I looked at the price tag....... $11.99 a yard!! Ack!! How can trim be that much? Well, I didn't end up with yards and yards of it - just 1/3 yard with my 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby. And I still love it!


Images are by Unity Stamp Co. I stamped in VersaMark and embossed my images, then colored with Copics and Spica Glitter pens (LOVE those). I pierced the lower right corner, and added pearls.

And on a side note, I am going to be the proud owner of Eco Chic!  I won it on AJ Otto's blog yesterday!  Woot!

To see all the blogs participating in today's hop, click here on the Unity blog~!  Keep looking for that Flair! Happy Stamping!



Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. KOTM
Paper: Glitter Sweet DP by DCWV, PTI White, Bliss Blue
Ink: VersaMark, Copics
Accessories: button trim, Spellbinders oval die, champagne pearls (Kaiser), Charcoal EP
Techniques: piercing, embossing, sponging

19 comments:

  1. Wow, 11.99 a yard, that is insane! I am glad you used a coupon. Those embellishments are so fun and I love your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is one AWESOME and inspiring card. I just love love love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your button trim and your story and your coupon at Michael's! I hope you have someone special to send this cute card to. I think I'd be tempted to keep it and frame it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how your button trim!! What a clever idea;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just too cute :) Love that button trim, the price tag makes me want to try to make my own-LOL!
    Enjoy your new Eco Chic stamps-congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That button trim is really nice. I bet we could come up with something similar on our own. Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a sweet card love the button trim that is fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh!! Love that button trim! Your card is just as sweet as it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute button trim - I can understand the "have to have it" -- impressed with your compromise instead of buying a full yard. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cute button trim. Sometimes we just have to have it! Beautiful card!
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  11. The button trim is perfect on this card! It's fun to indulge in something we cannot pass by and use it on the unexpected! How nice to have a Hobby Lobby nearby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!