Monday, February 28, 2011

I Miss Arizona

Many of you know that I grew up in Arizona. So probably now, many of you are thinking "desert."  Most of Arizona, is desert, yes. But I grew up in Northern Arizona, in Flagstaff.  However, at this point in Nebraska winter, I am longing for the desert heat of my home state.  And so the best I can do about that is to make a card that depicts what I am missing!

Doesn't that just warm you right up? I made a sheet of "sunset sky" using the Ink, Spray and Smash technique and then stamped my image. I used Cactus Silhouette by I Brake For Stamps for my image.  I stamped it with Neptune VersaColor and then embossed with Eggplant Embossing Powder. I have seen many Arizona sunsets that look just like that!

Must be time for a visit to my sister in Tucson. . . .

Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges for this card:
Guylou's - anything goes
Crafty Cardmakers - silhouettes

Recipe:
Stamps - Cactus Silhouette by I Brake For Stamps
Ink - Neptune VersaColor, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral
Cardstock: Glossy White, Ruby Red, Elegant Eggplant, Textured Purple, DP by K & Co.
Accessories: Pewtwe Pearls by Kaiser, organdy ribbon, paper piercer

8 comments:

  1. I'm ready for warm weather, too, although I imagine Maryland is not as cold as NE right now. I love the background sky you created; it looks awesome. Thanks for playing along at Guylou's Inimitability!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Gives you a warm night feeling, great! Love the colors you used! Have you seen the new Waltzing Mouse Stamps? They have the cactusses and all as well! Maybe you'd like them!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love this stunning background colours thanks for entering it in our challenge at crafty cardmakers
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW what a stunner. Love the vibrant warmth of this card. I hope it achieved it's aim and warmed you right up!

    Thanks so much for joining in with our Spotlight on Silhouettes at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, love the colours, so vibrant! Thank You for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived on Hadley St in Tucson! I SO miss it! Thanks for the lovely card.
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm sorry it took me so long to get over to your blog and become a follower. Your work is all so beautiful! I'm glad to be your team mate!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!