Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Love Easel Cards!

Two weeks ago I had never made an easel card and now I am in love! Today's challenge over at the Hambo Hoedown is to make an easel card! When you play along, you get a free digi each week you play! Check it out!

I made my card using Farm Chicken - digi and What's Up Chick? - 2704, both by Hambo Stamps. I used the easel directions by Beate Johns HERE. I colored my Farm Chicken with Copic markers. Here is what it looks like all the way open:
I love the little flower button (I only had one!) because it went so well with the paper design. Hope you will check out what the rest of the Bacon Bits made here.

And announcing my winner for the Jungle Digi from the April Fools' Day Blog Hop:
Congratulations to AllisonG! 
Your Jungle digi is on its way to you!
Thanks to everyone who hopped and commented.  Mark your calendars for May 20, when Hambo is sponsoring a Customer Blog Hop that you can play in too!

Other challenges for this card:
Basic Grey Challenges - More Than One Fold
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes + Something New (the digi image and the ribbon)
Critter Challenge Blog - Fancy Folds
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - Things with Wings
I Did It Creations - Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Too cute! You are right about that button, it is perfect. The paper is darling, along with the little dots of chicken feed! You are so smart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that big bow that really sets off the image! And the flower button too! This is SO cute, and definitely inspires me to *finally* try making an easel card. Great work Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! The bow and the buttons add just the right touch! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, what a funny image, love the papers too... Big smile and happy day Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card, Judy!! The image is so cute and I love the papers! I used to have some of those flower buttons, but sadly, I've used them all and haven't found anymore like them! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! This is the cutest image and so bright and cheerful! Love that bow! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Critter Sketch Challenge Blog, hope you will come back and play again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute! Great easel card! Thank you for playing at Critter Sketch Challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! This is so cute! I love all the color and the ribbon is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fun card Judy!! Cute image and I'm seriously loving those papers.

    Thanks for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great coloring skills you have. This card rocks. The colors are so happy and vibrant. Fabulous card and thanks for joining us this week at I Did It Creations. We hope you will join us next week too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy, this is gorgeous, great colouring of the gorgeous check and fantastic colours and embellishments.

    So glad you could join us at Basic Grey,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so cute! Gorgeous colours :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley - hope to see you again next time! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Judy! I adore this card!!! Love the bright, fun papers and your adorable chicken stamp and fun sentiment! FABULOUS! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and I hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. I won the jungle digi! Very cool! Thanks so much, Judy. I love your card creations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!