Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Challenge For Sure!

I guess by the word "challenge" things really should be a bit of an effort! And this card was. I wanted to try the Center Step on SCS, and it took three tries before I got the cutting and scoring right! But now I know, and it is a super fun design!
My butterflies and sentiment were stamped on Kraft with Rich Razzleberry ink. Images are from Butterflies Are Free and Bud Set by Rubbernecker Stamps.
The embellishments at the bottom are from one of my favorite things I found at CHA from Epiphany Crafts - (new to me, but not new to others) the Round Shape Studio Tool. After playing with it, I loved how easy it was to make my own matching embellies! They are kind of like giant dew drops, I guess. There are other shapes as well, and I hope to get the button shaped tool soon.
Thank you for stopping by today. I appreciate all feedback~! Have a wonderful Saturday~


Stamps: Butterflies Are Free and Bud Set by Rubbernecker Stamps
Paper: Indian Summer DP by Basic Grey, PTI Kraft and Scarlet Jewel 
Ink: Rich Razzleberry 
Accessories: Prima flowers, The Paper Studio jumbo brad, Epiphany Crafts Round Shape Studio Tool, Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle dies, tag, Kaiser pink gems, crochet lace    

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Judith! I'm proud of you for not giving up - I haven't figured out how to do these step cards yet, but I hope to someday. :-) I haven't heard of Epiphany Crafts, but I'm going to go check it out now...those embellies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judy ...it's been SO LONG since my last visit (MY BAD!) ... hope you had a nice birthday!!
    This creation is AMAZING and LOVE your choice of colors & patterns! I'll have to give this a whirl when I have ALL DAY to spend on it ... if it took you 3 tries, heaven knows it will take me all day!! LOL!
    Hope you are well and enjoying your summer! HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Judy your determination to get this card fold right was well worth it it is absolutely beautiful those paper/colours look wonderful, so do the flower and butterfly excellent creation.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to try one of these center step cards, and I need to, they are really pretty. Love your little embellies too Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your efforts really paid off!
    This is one stunning card! Love the colours, the flower, the butterfly...
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the stair step cuts. Lovely embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    I love it!
    I hate to do 3-D cards like this--I always make a MESS!! But this rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! I love the the folding technique - I've been too chicken to try anything 3d, lol! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an amazing card. A real masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!