Thursday, March 15, 2012

Winds of March

Three months of 2012 almost to the wind! Time seems to be fleeting! Do you feel that way?
I have two school music programs coming up in a couple of weeks, and I am sure that has something to do with it. But it's hard to believe that my baby daughter is almost through one year of college. And that this school year will be over in two months! 

I wanted to share this thank you card that I made with some luscious crinkled seam binding. I purchase my seam binding from various Etsy stores -- I would rather pay a little bit than dye it and crinkle it myself! I don't have time! :)

My image is called Script Thank You Circle from a wonderful set by Sparkle N Sprinkle called Thanks A Bunch (stamp set 415). It has so many great fonts and ways to say thank you in this set! It is also available individually.

Anything paired with black seems to become elegant! I probably use more black cardstock than any other color. My favorites? For card bases: Poptone Black Licorice (heavy weight that I love!). For layering and stamping: Stampin' Up Basic Black. I also have some "cardstock" from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby) that is black, but the weight is very light (I wouldn't even call it cardstock, although they do) and I use it for multi-layered needs. I don't want my card weighing 2 pounds!

Have a marvelous day! It will go fast!

Stamps: Stamp Set 415 Thanks A Bunch by Sparkle N Sprinkle
Paper: Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Basic Gray, Basic Black (SU!), Sweet Tooth (Stamp School), Enchanted DP by Bo Bunny
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: slit punch, Spellbinders dies, twine, button, stick pins, Kaiser pearls, French Market crinkled seam binding 

Challenges for this card:
Just Inspirational - inspiraton photo 
Fab 'n' Funky - Luck of the Irish
Paper Pretties - Thank you card
Sassy Cheryl's - Wearin' Of The Green
ColourQ - Color Challenge (some substitutions for what I had!)
Kaboodle Doodles - Show us some Green 
MyGrafico - St. Patrick`s Day 
Victorine OriginalsGreen and White or Black 

18 comments:

  1. how pretty! very elegant looking

    Be blessed, BEckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Judy, love how you used the colors! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant card Judy - the colour of that seam binding is just beautiful, it all just goes together so well. thanks fore playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week Hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! this is a wonderful work of art! I love everything!
    thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl wearin green challenge!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and elegant Judy. Love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that gorgeous ribbon, Judy! Fantastic card design. So nice to see you playing along in the challenge at Just Inspirational this week. Hope to see you again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Love the scrumptious ribbon! Thanks so much for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely and elegant! Your layers are amazing and I love the seambinding embellishment you made! Superb creation as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous Thank You card. Elegant and PERFECT!
    Thanks for playing in the 'wearin' green challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's. Happy Saint Patty's Day! Good luck in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! Very pretty and elegant card. I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy this card is gorgeous! I love, love, love the papers you used!!!!
    hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant and sophisticated look. Thanks for joining Just Inspirational Challenges this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for playing along with the ColourQ this week. Love your card~!! The layering is great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Judy, such a stunner! So elegant and great mix of DP, shapes & textures. Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, Judy! Thanks so much for playing with the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super pretty, really love all your layers... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!