The images are from the VIP Sweet Safari Collection I got from My Favorite Things this week, and this set is just darling. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored in using Copic markers. I followed Deconstructed Sketch 49.
My amazing friend, Holly, is the SCS Queen for the Day this week, and I also made this card based on her You Make My Heart Spin. I kept the red stripes, and a girl as the main image, and then changed a few other things. :)
In other stamping news, I am pleased to be returning to the I Brake For Stamps Design Team for the summer. Look for an IBFS post here each Thursday, beginning May 3.
Stop back by tomorrow where I will have details of a GREAT sale you won't want to miss, and a fun little creation to share.
And now, finally, my recipe for my Bruschetta Dip I am making for the picnic this weekend (see yesterday's post):
Hot Bruschetta Dip
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese
- In a small bowl, mix roma (plum) tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, parsley and olive oil. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Remove top layer of rind from brie. Place brie in a small microwave safe serving dish. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until the cheese begins to soften. Spoon roma tomato mixture over the cheese. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until slightly melted. Serve immediately with Paris toasts or other dried breads.
Other challenges for this card:
Inky Impressions - anything goes
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Stamps: VIP Sweet Safari Colection by My Favorite Things
Paper: White, October Afternoon Sidewalks DP, So Saffron
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics B000, B93, B95, E13, E15, E18, R00, R20, R22, R24, Y35 Accessories: October Afternoon button and chipboard photo corners, Spellbinders penneant die, circle die & oval die, True Hemp (Really Reasonable Ribbon), distressing tool