Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Days

It's all about the season for our Timeless Tuesday #222 challenge! Our hostess, my sweet friend Deborah, has given us the theme of "Summer Days" and the challenge to incorporate sheer ribbon into our designs.

I used Case Study #142 as my starting point and chose Flourishes' Seaside Life as my stamp set for the Timeless Tuesday challenge.

I stamped my images in Memento Tuxedo Black and Gray Flannel and then colored in using Copic markers. I added some pearls and sheer white organdy ribbon for embellishments.

Recently I traveled to North Carolina to visit my son and his wife. We headed to the beach and I took several videos and photos to remember the start of my early summer. Here is a super short one so I could hear the sound of the waves any time I wanted:

Read all about the challenge here and join us!

Be sure to visit the rest of the Timeless Tuesday Team to see what they have made!
Other challenges for this card: 
Eureka Stamps - The Great Outdoors 
Ooh La La Creations - Inspired by Nature 
Come and Get It Challenges - Off the Edge
Crazy 4 Challenges - no patterned paper

15 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful CAS card.

Broni said...

Judy, I just love your take on the CASE study card! And I love the blues and grays that you used for the shells! Awesome summer card. (And thanks for the wave video. Makes me REALLY want to be at the beach now!)

Allison Cope Israels said...

Absolutely awesome Judy! Love the use of the coral stamp with your shells! Gorgeous colours too! This definitely says summer to me!

Deborah Anton said...

Great take on the CASE study!! the colors are perfect and just a beautiful layout! Thanks for the waves... now 4th of July can't come fast enough when I will be on the NC beaches myself!!

Katie Sims said...

Judy, your card is simply beautiful. The simple color palette and clean design are really something special. I struggle with keeping things clean and simple but you obviously excel at it! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Oh, and I love your beach video clip! Oh, how I wish I could be at the beach right now! :)

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card, fabulous CAS design.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x

Joanne (jojot) said...

Judy...this is such a fabulous seashore delight....thanks for playing along with the Crazies this week

Petti said...

Stunning card!

maria f. said...

Beautiful card - I see where you got your inspiration ;) Reminds me of looking for sharks' teeth in Myrtle Beach!

Jen W. said...

Awesome take on the CASE! Congrats on your shout out!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous CAS design. Love the colors!

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a unique take on the Case Study challenge, Judy! Congratulations on the Top Three Honor!!

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

CheerDown said...

Stunningly elegant. I love the colour scheme you hav chosen Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations

Alli x

Anne said...

Stunning is one word that comes to mind with your card.. love it .. liking the two small pearls with the sheer ribbon.. not too much but just enough detail.. thanks for sharing.