Monday, June 10, 2013

Crinkled Seam Binding

I really like the look of crinkled seam binding. It is easy to do and adds a nice texture to your vintage and shabby chic projects.

The card I am sharing today uses Rose Petal Seam Binding. There are many beautiful colors in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store HERE.
To crinkle up my seam binding, I spritz it with water and then ball it up in my hand and place the ball into the corner of a plastic bag. Twist the plastic bag tightly around the ball. Leave the seam binding ball in the bag overnight. The next morning, remove the seam binding from the bag and fluff the ball out. Let it dry thoroughly. Pretty easy!

I made this for the Splitcoast Featured Stamper Challenge 331 yesterday. Congratulations to Jodi for being chosen FS this week! She has so many lovely cards in her gallery. I finally decided on this pretty Bird of Happiness card.
I kept Jodi's layout and theme, but changed papers and images. I flipped her sketch so that I could use the bird printed on the designer paper on the lower left. I moved the seam binding bow to the side, rather than with the flowers. I punched my bird out of designer paper and added it to the label.


My sentiment is from Flourishes' In And Out You stamp set. You can find it at i {heart} papers, along with many other beautiful Flourishes designs. I used Distress ink on all my cardstock and designer paper edges. I added some Latte pearls (IHP) for embellishments. My silk flowers and layers are all held together with Scor-Tape. I love that stuff -- if you haven't tried it yet, you need to! Thanks for taking a peek!







Other challenges for this card:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Always Anything Goes  
Stamping Sensations - Summer Blooms 
Crafty Friends Challenge Blog - Bingo (pearls, pink, flowers) 
QKR Stampede – Ribbons & Bows 
Totally Papercrafts - Punches & Dies 
Allsorts - In the Garden

Stamps: In And Out You (Flourishes) - available at IHP
Paper: Lost & Found DP (MME), Poptone Whipped Cream CS
Ink: Rose Red (SU!), Victorian Velvet Distress (TH)
Accessories: bird punch (MS), crinkled Rose Petal seam binding (RRR), label punch, frame, silk flowers, stick pins (Jenni Bowlin), Kaiser Latte Pearls (IHP)




9 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Judy and thanks for joining my challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, Judy, and yes, that seam binding is very pretty, such a delicate colour. I love the background DP, and the flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us for our Summer Blooms challenge at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful creation. Thank you so much for joining us this week at TPC Challenge
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Judy. Love what you did with the seam binding - it gives a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Judy and so perfect for our themes.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Judy, I love the colours and I too adore crinkled seam binding ;-) Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our In the Garden challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love you spray of flowers. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!