Wednesday, June 26, 2013

On the Road Again?

Today at the Hambo Hoedown, our challenge is all about MAPS! Create a project using any kind of map AND a Hambo image and receive the next image released at the Hoedown free! Read about the challenge rules here.
Today I used two rubber images from Hambo, Armadillo (4516) and On the Road (4508). I added some designer paper from Basic Grey for my map. I stamped my images with Memento Tuxedo Black and then colored in with Copic markers. 

I loved this challenge because this summer I have been taking some road trips around my state. I have lived in Nebraska for over 20 years and there are so many towns I have never been to, and parts of the state that I haven't explored. So on my given travel days, I spin my little arrow on the map, and the direction it points is the way I go. No interstate travel - and I have to take a different way back than the one I took to get "there."

It's been pretty fun. Here is a picture of a typical scene close to my town. But I love what it represents: hard work by families farming.
I am looking forward to my trip this week. It will be a bit longer - my destination is 4 hours away, but I plan to enjoy being on the road again.

Check out what my Hambo teamies made for today's challenge:
* Jane * Jeannie * Kendra * Lyn *
 
Come play along with us at the Hoedown!
Other challenges for this card: 
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes 
Card Mania - Kraft Paper 
Lady Anne's Challenge - The Great Outdoors 


Stamps: Armadillo (4516) and On the Road (4508)
Ink: Copic markers and Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Basic Grey Wander DP, SU! Crumb Cake, Poptone Sweet Tooth
Accessories and Tools: buttons (Buttons Galore), twine, Martha Stewart punch, paper piercer 

10 comments:

  1. OMG - too cute for words, Judy. Love the image and the map background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card - Love that paper and the cute image! How fun is your summer adventure project! I love that idea and the pic is great. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what the next adventure brings!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation of our challenge, thanks for joining us at Lady Annes this month, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card , love the dragon the card really made me smile.Thank you for joining us on our Great Outdoor Challenge at Lady Anne's Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy I am in awe of you!!! not only that you make these fabulous cards, but you have to be the busiest person on the planet, yet....you are on all these design teams, you work, your other hobbies, eg; theatre, and you still have time to go travelling, u r AH-MAAAAY-ZING. Huge respect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is too funny!! I love it... I am bummed to have not played but I honestly didn't have anything in my stash to do so! (Can you believe it?!) This card is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! Thank you so much for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a funny image and card! Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!