Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Timeless Tuesday #225 - Scallops!

It's Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge #225 and Denise is our lovely hostess. This will be her last month with the Timeless Tuesday Friends of Flourishes DT and we will miss her! Her challenge today is to use scallops on your designs: punches, dies, ribbon.... just show us some scallops! 
I used a pretty scalloped doily die cut from Martha Stewart that I got as in a gift box from a friend! I stamped the image from Spring Is Sprung in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I love the fonts in this set. The images are so sweet too! I have another project to show you using the images later this week.
I will be sharing the tutorial on how I made my embellished ribbon right here on the 22nd of June, so be sure to check back to see those photos and instructions so you can try it for yourself!

Read all about the challenge here and join us!

Be sure to visit the rest of the Timeless Tuesday Team to see what they have made! We are welcoming Cheryl to the FOF Team today, so check out her blog and give her a shout out!
Stamps: sentiment is from Spring is Sprung (Flourishes)
Paper: Crumb Cake (SU!), Sweet Tooth (Poptone), MME DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black 
Accessories: pearls (Kaiser and SU!), pennant dies (SB), scalloped doily die cut (MS), distressing tool, Noble Peacock seam binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon)



12 comments:

  1. OH, I cannot wait to see your tutorial because that gathered seam binding with the pearls is gorgeous! I love those banners and your mix of papers! The sentiment really shines in that sweet doily! Awesome card, Judy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sentiment Judy, and I love the colors you've used - very beachy! Looking forward to the tutorial - that ribbon is crazy cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo... this is so pretty Judy! I love all the layers and the washi tape details are cool! I love your ribbon and pearls... so beautiful! Great scalloped creation this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, this is beautiful! Love that pretty die cut and all those flags! The ribbon treatment is fab...can't wait to see how to do that! Thank you SO much for the warm welcome to the team! I'm thrilled to get to work with y'all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - such great rich colors! I want to do this technique for your challenge too. Work just snuck up on me this last two weeks...But I will do it!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the neutral colours and the pearl and ribbon embellishments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Judy! This is fabulous! I love all the distressed edges and the ruffled ribbon with pearls is gorgeous! Love the little flags and layers of tape too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That ribbon is FABULOUS! Can't wait to see because I must do...:) Love the sentiment on this beautiful card with the hint of distress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!