Monday, January 20, 2014

A Non-Traditional Valentine

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I love it. Less stressful than some others, and it is a great way for me to send love and show love in a special way to my family and special friends. Today I am sharing a non-traditional valentine using stamps available at Crafter's Companion.
This awesome bee image is from Sheena's Floral Fantasy Collection called Violets. I love all of the possibilities for coloring this. I chose two color groups - both regal for this Queen Bee - golds and purples (Spectrum Noir markers CT3, GB4, GB6, LV2, PL1, PL2, PL3).


After coloring, I added Judikins Diamond Glaze to each and every dot to add dimension and shine.
I tied on my little charms with some gold thread and kept them in place with Adhesive Foam Squares. The background is embossed with the Embossalicious Gun Metal embossing folder to add some texture.

Definitely non-traditional colors - but I love how it turned out!

Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Cute image. Love the non-traditional card. Thanks for joining our Winged Things Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner
    Created with Love Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Love the image and your coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Winged Things Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I also love giraffes and love your blog title too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Created with love challenges winged things.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!