Friday, October 30, 2015

The Day I Changed My Mind About an Ugly Mess

The strips on my card are from a Gelli print (acrylic paint) that I made at my friend Lydia's UNWIND Retreat a couple of weekends ago. We were to choose a print we either didn't like or one that had lots of patterns that we did like (Lydia's card design!). I had just kept messing (literally) with this one, and added too many colors and designs and it turned into a mess. Until we made this card. Then I loved the bold ferns in the foreground and the fall colors in the back! That Lydia is so smart! I had never done Gelli printing before, and it's my new favorite thing! Because you can't mess it up! Unless you take paper stencils instead of plastic (that would be me.... but I didn't know they were paper!).

The sentiment is from Words of Life Collection 1 (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I stamped it using my MISTI (you have to get one of those) in Night of Navy ink (Stampin' Up!). The strip of bling is a little piece of SU! Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. The paint's texture and all the layers really stand out when you're holding the card. Quick and easy and kind of artsy fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!