Friday, November 6, 2015

The Day I Really Said All I Want For Christmas is Peace

Isn't that true? Not just world peace - although that is always a wish. But peace about my life, and peace in the lives of my children and close friends. And those I know are struggling with things. Inner peace. A week where nothing bad happens. Peace for everyone. I would give up all my craft stuff for that. So you know that's a big wish! :)
In the meantime, while I wait for Peace, I craft. 
Today's card is for three Splitcoast challenges. Lydia has a super fun Mix-Ability Mixed Media Challenge, and I followed her Matrix for that:
My choices:
TWO mediums: Watercolor medium and spray
ONE: blue color
ONE: no second color
ONE images: Holiday
ONE embellishments: die cuts

This is also for Lori's Split the Difference HYCCT challenge and Stacy's SCSCCNOV15 Christmas challenge for shimmer.



I stamped the snowflakes and then misted with water, and let the water run where it wanted. I then stamped more snowflakes, and punched them out with the punch, then punched again out of vellum and layered them. Added a sentiment with foil paper.



It is so disappointing that my camera does not pick up the gorgeous shimmer of the Gold Glimmermist. Just imagine it there, ok? It is heavily sprayed on the main panel, on top of the watercolored snowflakes! Here is an attempt to capture it.
Thanks for taking a peek!

2 comments:

  1. Love those cool blues! I miss your sweet voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Judy! Love the shimmer and flecks of gold! May God grant you your wish! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!