Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Little Tropical Heat

Three months from today and I will be sitting on Kure Beach in North Carolina! Not quite as tropical as Hawaii or some place south of Florida, but it's going to be glorious! Today's morning fog and damp air just NEEDED some heat added to it, so this is as close as I can get right now to tropical heat!

Images and sentiment are by Stampin' Up!

The flowers are cut from a Gelli print I made, and the middle "panel" is sponged with Memento ink, and has a vellum strip on the left side. The ferns & little flower are also sponged with Memento, then cut. Some brightness for this winter month!


Stamps: Botanical Blooms (SU!)
Paper: GP White, SU! Vellum, Only Orange, Rose Red
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Memento Inks, Liquitex acrylic paints
Accessories: Botanical Blooms dies, Kaiser pearls, Gelli plate
Techniques: sponging, gelli printing

2 comments:

LadyStamper said...

Hi! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post today. I live 10 minutes from Kure Beach!!! I love your blog and would like to invite you to do some classes while you're at the beach. Nothing better than a tax write off while you're having fun. Email me at pemassey@live.com

Virginia Lu said...

This tropical design is GORGEOUS! Love the depth and shades of colors that you did, Judy! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! xo