Sunday, May 29, 2016

Amazing!

The last time my sister came to visit, I taught her the Wrinkle Free Distress technique, and we made a LOT of backgrounds. We did Gelli prints as well, and had a lot of fun with that. 
One of the distress ink backgrounds I made is the background for the card I am sharing today. If you are unfamiliar with this technique, there is a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers that explains it very well!
I chose dies and stamps from My Favorite Things (Amazing and Doubly Amazing) and some flowers from Prima for my card. The texture in the gold die cut was already on the paper, so it made it easy! There is a dot for the "i" in amazing, but I decided to leave it off on purpose with this design. I added some Jute String from Really Reasonable Ribbon behind the flowers (I think that was the hardest part - getting it to lay like I wanted! Thank heavens for glue dots!) and layered it on the card base and it was done! A WOW look for an easy card! The part I love best is that you never know what your background will look like! Give it a try!

Stamps: My Favorite Things
Paper: watercolor, Barely Banana, Cameo Coral, Metallic Embossed Gold (MPS)
Paper Size: 5.5 SQ
Ink: Lipstick, Honey, and Carved Pumpkin Distress Inks, Archival Black (SU!)
Accessories: Prima flowers, Scor-Tape and Jute String (RRR), Amazing die cut (MFT) 

Challenges: 
Crazy 4 Challenges - Teacher Thank You Card 
Fussy and Fancy - Dies and/or Punches 
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes + A Sentiment

3 comments:

  1. How fun and exciting to make all those backgrounds, Judy, especially with your sister! You are right, it means you can create a QACAS card with them that packs a HUGE and gorgeous impact!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card and backgrounds .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing background and colorful flowers. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!