Friday, April 28, 2017

Beautiful Bees

Today I am sharing a quick card made with the Bees Please Tags designed by my fellow Really Reasonable Ribbon teammate, Ginny! I am planting an entire section of my yard with flowers for bees. I don't see them around much, and wanted to provide a place for them in my neighborhood!

I started by layering papers from Kaisercraft's Be-you-tiful patterned paper collection, then added a lace doily from Stampin' Up! in the mix. I printed out two sets of tags, and cut one bee out, so I could layer and pop him up on the tag. 
I added a strip of burlap behind the tag, and added my beautiful trims: a double bow of Black Seam Binding, a single bow of Black Burlap String, and a gorgeous Cottage Rose from the Mixed Reds Collection. The rose is accented with a Brown Mulberry Paper Leaf.
I tied a little Black Seam Binding in the top of the tag, and some of the Black Burlap String around the front panels. I added a White Flat Back Pearl to help keep the string in place, and for some glam.
My sentiment is a die cut from the Paper Smooches Kudos Word Die Collection. I backed my black cardstock piece (Basic Black - Stampin' Up!) with a piece cut from a 6x6 Scor-Tape Adhesive Sheet and then ran those pieces through my Big Shot. Easy to peel out and adhere to the front of my card! The sheets are a must-have for intricate die cuts - especially word dies. All of my layers are held together with Scor-Tape.
I love the contrast of the burgundy and gold. What do you think?

There is a Challenge going on right now on the RRR Blog - Put A Bow On It! The deadline is May 3.
I'm also playing in the Splitcoaststampers Ways To Use It Challenge 633 and the Free for All 375. Come play along!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! This card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the color scheme you used and all the wonderful elements you included! Bee cards are some of my favorites -- and this one is over-the-top beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and I love the look of the image. Great colors and layout. This is so stunning.. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!