Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Watercolor Hooray

Today I spent some time watercoloring - an easy background, with four loosely blended colors. If you have seen many of my posts, a lot of times I like to mix comtemporary and traditional elements, as well as graphic or geometric and vintage. 
I stamped my sentiment (Watercolor Words) in Archival Black Ink (Stampin' Up!) several times using my MISTI, as watercolor paper has a texture that sometimes takes a few impressions for the solid look I want. Next, I added washi tape (also Stampin' Up!) down the left side, and layered Black Diamond Metallic Baker's Twine and Pink Burlap String (Really Reasonable Ribbon) on top. I love this string, and want every color Bonnie offers in the RRR Store! This pink matches the upper right corner of my watercolor perfectly.
Finally, I added a heart shaped mini shaker, with heart confetti inside, to the upper right corner, and mounted this panel on Basic Black cardstock. The final layer is vintage black lace patterned paper (Paper House) on a light pink (Blush Blossom-SU!) cardstock.
All my layers are held together with Scor-Tape. I think it makes for a fun celebratory card!
Challenges for this card:




10 comments:

  1. Such a delightful card! So happy and artistic! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful background Judy, and I love your use of washi tape! Thank you so much for sharing with us on the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the soft background you have with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and background. Love that shaker heart
    Thanks for joining us at Retarte#95
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card....beautiful background.
    Thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
    Yaiza DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background colors! And the little shaker heart is awesome! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful soft and pretty pastel background. Thanks for entering the Lost Coast Designs monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy! I just love a pink and black color combination and the beautiful watercolor background you made. The washi tape, string, and adorable little heart shaker are fabulous. I'm so glad you joined my Hip to be Square blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty watercolor effect! Thank you for playing along in the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity "Favorite Background Technique" challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful watercoloured background and love the little shaker heart--Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!