Friday, May 19, 2017

Dutch Fold Beachy Card

 I love fun and easy folds that make a card look different from the "norm." But I also want them to be QUICK, and not take up my entire morning or afternoon. The Single Dutch Fold card fits perfectly: it's easy, looks fun, and is quick!
It was hard to know how to photograph it in a single photo and not make it look weird, but also show the bottom "open" door. There are two types of Dutch Fold Cards - this one (Single) and a Double Dutch Door Fold, where the bottom door opens like a gate fold. You can find tutorials for both here or Google it -- lots of inspiration on Pinterest too!

I used some fun papers and stickers from Echo Park, and some chipboard from Simple Stories to make this beachy card. I added a shell charm from my stash, tied up with some of my favorite spring and summer burlap string: PINK! I LOVE this stuff. If you don't have any yet, take a peek HERE at all of the fab colors Bonnie carries in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Store.
The inside has a sentiment sticker inbetween the fun patterned paper. I love how just the bottom half of the card opens! All of my layers are held together with Scor-Tape.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!