Monday, August 28, 2017

Swipe Your Credit Card! No Purchase Necessary.

Happy Monday, crafting friends!

This project uses the super popular Distress Oxide Inks, and a fun background technique using a credit or other plastic (hotel) card.
My background was made using the "Swipe Your Credit Card" technique from Splitcoast. I let it dry and then used an alphabet stencil from Dylusions, sponging through the stencil until I got the depth of color I wanted (dark in some spots, lighter in others). 

My sentiment, fish and balloons are from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' Birthday Pals. I watercolored my fish with the Distress Oxide inks. I added a layer of dry embossed "water" for my fish using a Stampin' Up! embossing folder and my Big Shot,  and added some bling for the fish bubbles. I added some ombre DSP for the back panel base. A few Star Dust Stickles for her fins finished it off.

I like the mixed media look, and this was an easy way to achieve that! 
Stamps: Birthday Pals (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: Heavyweight Cream (HL), Blue Raspberry (Poptone), Felicity DSP (Glitz)
Paper Size: 5.5 SQ
Ink: Distress Oxide Inks, VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: rhinestones, Seaside EF (SU!), Star Dust Stickles, Birthday Pals and Speech Bubble dies (retired SNSS), alphabet stencil (Dylusions)

9 comments:

  1. What a cute card and super fun technique! Love the color scheme and pun!
    I'd love for you to link this up to Cropstop where anything goes as long as you use a few products from companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
    www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/august-challenge-link-party-31

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Judy and I love how you've made that background with the oxides and credit card technique, beautiful pastel colours, thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More, Leanne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely and a super inky background in dreamy soft colours, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely fun card and gorgeous colour palette too.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More August challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - I love the technique you used and the colours... Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this week at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Love your colours. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On and for pointing out this "credit card" technique too. I will give it a try. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!