Thursday, July 19, 2018

Birthday Celebrations!

One of the July releases at Whimsy Stamps is this fun Fireworks Stencil. While "fireworks" brings thoughts of July 4, I think it's a perfect design for a birthday card!
It was my birthday a few days ago, and my favorite color is pink, so that's where the idea for this card came from! I love to send shaker cards too, because everyone loves all the fun movement from the contents! 

I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink for my stencil ink color, and sponged it with my Mini Ink Blending Tool. I added a little bit of Star Dust Stickles on the fireworks, and when that was dry, I stamped "Celebrate" (Magical Birthday Wishes) with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. 

My frame is cut with the largest die from Handstitched Nested Rectangles. I am a former school teacher, and have lots of "transparency sheets" left over from before the SmartBoard days! So I used that for my acetate cover. I added sequins, glitter and beads for my shaker elements. Some of the glitter has a slightly "furry" look, which I think is fun.

Happy Birthday to any other July babies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!