Thursday, August 16, 2018

All Nine Lives - and CATS The Musical

This summer was a busy one for me, as I directed CATS at our community theatre. It was an incredibly tough, but rewarding experience! I have always been a dog person, but I definitely love and respect cats more now! Plus, I had such a wonderful group of people to work with (Did you know a group of cats is a clowder?), and we had a great time learning what it means to act like a cat! You can see some photos below! My husband on the left and daughter on the right!

This sentiment from Whimsy Stamps' PURRE LOVE (from the July release) is such a sweet and funny cat set. There are tender sentiments, such as this one, and really funny ones (click HERE), and some great art work by Deb Davis!

For my card today, I stamped my images on watercolor paper, and then used a small brush and watercolor paint to color them in. I made my grass with a wash, and then used the end of my brush for the blades to fill in.
I decided on a Calico cat coloring because so many of the cats in the show are multi-colored. I used the Shaker Maker Banner Dies with contrasting papers for added interest.

I love this sweet image, and all the different ways it can be used! Check out the entire set below!



1 comment:

  1. Wow Judy! what a professional production of CATS!! the costumes and makeup are just awesome- and how fun and wonderful that both your husband and daughter were in it!! Well done you!!! And your card cat is so sweet with it's watercoloring and pretty DP! I was always a dog person - and then one day someone gave me a kitty - they are different but loving in their own way - and are much easier to take care of too! Now I have 2 sister cats. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!