Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches #371


It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch at FreshlyMade Sketches! Jen M. has a fun design for us today, with a lot of possibilities. The team came up with such a variety of ideas for inspiration, so be sure to check them out HERE.

My card today uses some new things I got on a trip to Michael's last week when I took my family back to the airport after Christmas. The closest Michael's is two hours away, so this was fun (I do have an amazing Hobby Lobby, so am not hurting haha!).  I grabbed some super fun die cuts by Recollections for Valentine's Day projects, and a Cuttlebug embossing folder with hearts. They were perfect for today's sketch!




The die cuts have all my favorite pinks and reds together for a traditional look, plus some gorgeous gold foiling. My center strip (The Paper Studio) also has gold foiling. I used Hammermill White for my base, and Cherry Cobbler (SU!) for the embossed panel. Quick and easy!

Come play along with us. You can choose any shape for the heart in the sketch. Our challenge is open until 3 PM EST on Monday!


I am also linking up with The Card Concept, with this beautiful inspiration photo:
I was inspired by the beautiful florals and the gold flatware in my clean/layered card. 
Plus - it's the halfway mark for The Rainbow Card Challenge! It's all about RED!
 





9 comments:

  1. Your jar of blooms is so beautiful! I love that textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that die cut - and you backed it perfectly with gold dots and embossed hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet Valentine! I love that die cut and those pretty embossed hearts! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING, Judy! I adore the fun floral focal image and the textured background! Love this beautiful card! Hugs! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful bouquet, and I love the shades of red. Pretty card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the look of flowers in a jar and yours is super cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the touch of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Judy! Love that you tied everything together with the touches of gold. Golly, I can't imagine not being a stone's throw away from a Micheal's! Guess you will need to visit those adorable grands more often and then you can make more frequent visits to Micheals. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Judy! Love the texture, the florals and the red!! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept, sweet friend and we hope you can join us again soon- hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!