Thursday, January 31, 2019

Watercolor Succulent from Picket Fence Studios

Have you seen ALL of the AMAZING new products from the Picket Fence Studios Creativation 2019 January release?!?!

I am just in love with so many things, including this gorgeous image called Aeonium African Succulent. It is a beautiful, large, 6x6 image that can be colored in so many ways.


Today I am sharing a watercolored version, using Bee Watercolor paper and Zig Clean Color Markers. I don't use my Zigs nearly often enough, and I am glad the thought occured to me this morning! I taped down my paper, and then sprayed with water slightly, then just started scribbling with several different greens, including a green gray. The leaves of this succulent have so many beautiful colors in real life.

Once dry, I added some purple to the tips of a few leaves. My sentiment is from Ways To Say Get Well, and is embossed on vellum using Ranger Gold Embossing Powder. I tried many backgrounds for my succulent, including lots of fun patterned papers (which also looked awesome), but decided on a muted black textured background to highlight the image.

And -- this is my submission for this month's Watercolour Challenge at Happy Little Stampers! It's Anything Goes with optional metallics! While I didn't use metallics in my succulent, I did add the gold in the sentiment! Come play along!


Have a great week!



8 comments:

  1. your succulent is colored beautifully. I love it on the dark background and the gold sentiment is perfect
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. So eye-catching with the black background behind the flower, Judy! Love that succulent and the vellum sentiment is a great finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastically bold image - that succulent looks amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful big bold colourful floral card here Judy. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great card. I love how you painted a succulent, I love colors and their gradation. It looks great on a neitral background. It's the perfect card for both women and men.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing this succulent stamp, thanks to Kathy Rac's current watercolour challenge, and this is as beautiful as any of them! Wow, that is one big stamp. Perfect for this off-the-edge design. Also, obviously you should grab the Zigs more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous stamp, and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!